Caretaker / Cleaner / Janitor
We are looking for the right person to take responsibility for the upkeep and presentation of all our facilities to ensure they are in top condition for the various racedays, conferences and events we host at Wetherby Racecourse.
This is a newly enhanced role, and one we hope the successful candidate will take pride in making their own, working alongside our events and ground staff teams, and with our contracted cleaning teams and service engineers.
Key areas of responsibility will be:
- General cleaning of all internal areas including hard and carpeted flooring, surfaces, glass, mirrors, furnishings and washrooms.
- Maintaining and re-stocking cleaning cupboards, and washrooms.
- Removal of rubbish to designated areas, implementing recycling routines wherever possible.
- General upkeep of areas immediately external to the buildings, including external walkways, balconies, outdoor seating areas and small garden areas.
- Removal of leaf and/or snow fall and gritting when required.
- Minor repairs and maintenance inside and outside. Including painting or varnishing, affixing items or pictures to walls, minor repairs to chairs/tables etc.
- Identifying faults, damages, and repairs needed, and recording, rectifying, and/or reporting as necessary.
- Carrying out routine service tasks, eg. Fire Alarm testing.
- Assisting the events and catering teams with occasional event set-up, moving furniture, setting out tables/chairs etc.
- Liaising with Service engineers, showing them the areas they need to be and ensuring areas are unlocked and prepared for engineer visits.
- Liaising with contracted cleaners when they are booked, to ensure they are cleaning the areas requested and to the standards required
Previous experience would be preferred in a cleaning/caretaking environment however it is not essential, providing the candidate possesses the attributes below:
We are looking for an organised individual with good communication skills, who can work as part of a team under supervision, or will be equally as happy working alone, using their own initiative. Ideally this role will suit someone who is able to manage their time efficiently, and who will take pride in presenting the buildings at their very best.
There is scope to further develop this role for the right candidate.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25 per week / Flexible schedule*
Salary: £8.00-£11.00 per hour
Place of work: Wetherby Racecourse, York Road,Wetherby, LS22 5EJ:
Driving License preferred due to location of place of work.
*Due to the nature of our core business, this role may occasionally incur early starts and/or late finishes, together with occasional weekend work. The succesful candidate will require a flexible approach to hours worked to fit around scheduled events and maintenance.
To apply, please email a covering letter and your CV to the Chief Executive at: email@example.com
Application deadline: 11/08/2023