The Injured Jockeys Fund, Now in its 51st year, has paid out more than £18m in charitable assistance to over 1000 injured jockeys. Some of whom have been forced to give up riding entirely and others, in the most critical cases, who have been confined to a wheelchair for life.
Following the success of Oaksey House, The IJF’s first rehabilitation centre in Lambourn, a second similar facility is due to be opened in Malton to be named Jack Berry House for Northern based Jockeys. State-of-the-art treatment facilities include a hydro therapy pool and fully equipped gym, together with education on fitness, nutrition and injury management will all be available to help aid recovery and reduce the risk of future potential serious injury.
Please come along and join in the charity Bike Ride to help raise funds for this important centre.
Minimum sponsorship entry is £25.00 – Donate and support at Justgiving…
- Start anytime after 10.00am – Thursday 28th May 2015
- Cycle up to three Racecourses – York, Ripon, Thirsk
- Choose your own route and pace
- Leisurely family pace or Fast and furious!
- FREE T-Shirt and IJF Wristband
- FREE entry to Wetherby Races on Thursday 28th May for each participant.
Contact Helen Wilson t: 07917 871 484 or email: email@example.com / Lyn Wallace t: 07786 515175
TO DONATE £5 TEXT IJF to 70800